Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2 and 2

Unfortunately, this is not a post about Chuck Woolery or Love Connection, sorry to disappoint. Maybe another day I'll post a story reminiscing about watching that show with my grandma. She loved that show...
Anyway, yesterday we had Jackson's 2 month and Megan's 2 year checkups. Jackson weighed in at 12 pounds 1 ounce, which is almost a 2 pound gain in a month. He's also 23 inches long, which is a 2 inch growth in the last 6 weeks. Obviously he's eating plenty, even though he's been sleeping through the night for quite a while. He also had to get his first round of shots yesterday, which of course he hated. He only cried while getting them and calmed down as soon as I picked him up. But he did seem like his legs hurt him most of the day, and he just wanted to be held. I can't say I blame him since I'd be upset too after getting stuck with some needles. All in all a great visit though since he's growing well and seems just fine.
Megan, thankfully, didn't have to have any shots She is quite difficult at the doctor and generally throws a fit regardless of what they do to her, but yesterday went really well. She was calm and let the doctor check out her ears and mouth and listen to her chest and didn't cry at all. I'm glad she behaved so well, and I think it was great that on a visit that she did so good, she didn't have to have any shots. Megan has also gained a decent amount of weigh. finally. She is up to 24 pounds, which is more than I thought she'd weigh, and she is 34 inches tall. The doctor said she's tall and skinny for her age, so lets hope she stays like that.
So yay for healthy kids, but boo for shots to keep them that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment