Thursday, December 18, 2008

other updates

~Nathan was sick the whole time we were in the hopsital, then Emma got sick the day we came home, and then Sean felt crappy Wednesday, but I think everyone is finally recovering. My mom stayed with us until Tuesday afternoon, and then came back over last night to feed the kids dinner, put them to bed and clean. She is amazing and I don't know what I'd do without her. I need some good ideas for a way to say thank you to her
~Sean had a meeting on Monday about his job, and we were completely prepared for unemployment. He actually got the meeting notice while I was in labor on Friday, which was really depressing. He arrived at work early on Mondy and packed up all his stuff and went to the meeting. He was shocked to find people from his old group there and was told he did have a job. He is getting demoted in a way, but we are unsure of what that means salary-wise so far. We are just thrilled he's still employed. That is such a weight lifted off us.
~Because of all the sickness in the house I've been quarantined in my room with Jackson pretty much until today. It was so depressing not being able to spend time with any of my family, and especially Sean. The baby blues definitely hit me hard because of all the stress, so I'm super concerned about ppd now. I think as long as things continue getting back to normal I'll be ok, but things were pretty rough for me the last 4 days.
~Even with all the craziness I'm a little sad this is the last time (probably) that we'll have a new baby. I don't love pregnancy or labor, but actually having the baby and the first couple weeks are such amazing experiences and I love every minute of it. However, I know we can't just keep having babies, so I'm trying to enjoy my time with Jackson right now.
Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and support. We've definitely needed everyones support and all the help we can get recently.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry everyone was sick- but I am glad they are feeling better.

    And thank god for Sean!!! I was thinking about you guys all day on Monday!

    Let me know if you need anything! I'm a phone call away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have people to help you. What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete