Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008

I cannot believe Christmas is tomorrow. The last 2 weeks I've been so consumed with new baby stuff and a sick family that it really snuck up on me. In fact, this year has gone by so fast it is frightening. As I get older and we add more kids to the mix, time seems to move faster and faster. There are days I still feel like I just got out of high school, but then I have to remind myself that was over 7 years ago!
It makes me sad that I'm getting old without really knowing it, but all these years have brought such amazing things. A friend told me the other day she felt unaccomplished because she's my age and I'm married with 4 kids now, and she's not even married yet. I told her that's all I've done, while she's gone to college and has an amazing career, so I'm the unaccomplished one. I guess it's all relative to your position in life which is the "better" place to be, and I use the term better quite loosely. I don't really think either one of us is worse off for the decisions we've made in life. We're just in completely different places right now.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Christmas tomorrow, and Santa brings lots of great presents. I know I already have the best presents I'm ever going to receive; a fabulous husband and 4 amazing children, and the best family and friends I could ask for. I know that's really sappy, but it is true.
Merry Christmas!

PS. I finally got my Christmas cards today and I will mail them on the 26th. Yes, I'm a big slacker this year, but I have a really adorable excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment