Wednesday, December 10, 2008

or not

so I'm still here, and still pregnant. BLAH! I have to admit I am starting to seriously contemplate my induction options. Not only am I uncomfortable, but I have a pregnancy rash that is getting worse every day, or so it seems. Plus, I don't have a good track record of having a baby on my own. I've been induced in some form with all 3 kiddos, and I'm not holding onto much hope that this time around will be different. So I figure if I'm going to need to be induced anyway, I may as well do it sooner rather than later. The only thing that concerns me is that pitocin generally makes labor much more painful, which won't make it easy to go drug free. I'm unsure of what to do. I am looking into alternative ways to be induced and plan to talk to my dr. tomorrow about it.
I hate the idea of being induced when there isn't a medical reason at this point, but like I said before, I have a gut feeling I'll end up needing to be induced anyway. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm so torn!


  1. HEY, I have a quick question. (I hope you get this before you leave for the hospital!)

    Could you please e-mail me?
    seelenphotography at gmail dot com

    THANKS! :)

  2. Well, I am a bad judge on what to do. When I was offered to be induced at 40 weeks...I said heck yeah...can we go tonight! And they got me in 1st thing the next day. I too wanted to go med free as long as possible. But as you know, I got meds b/c the pitocin made the contractions hurt like hell. Then I ended up w/ a c-section after pushing for 5 &1/2 hours w/ no baby.

    If it were me- based on your previous needs for inductions. I would say go for it. I am also very impatient and would have taken the offer right away! =)

    Good Luck Cheryl! Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure will be the right decision for you all.

  3. Of course I have no experience in this area at all. Although I would probably try to hold out as long as possible. You are dilated to 4cm, so at least you know that your body is headed in the right direction on it's own. Maybe try to give it a little while longer, it would probably drastically increase your chances of being able to go drug free. Good luck! I can't wait to meet the baby :-)

  4. I have no advice. I can't even make my own decisions on much lesser things... :) I just want to say good luck with whatever you choose and I can't wait to see pics! :)