Monday, June 23, 2008

home safely

Sean and the kids made it home safely yesterday evening. I did enjoy my weekend alone, but it was nice having everyone home again. As nuts as the kids make me sometimes, I definitely miss them when they aren't here. I did get a lot of things done, although Sean was probably wondering why the house was not perfectly clean when he arrived yesterday. But lets face it, I'm not that person. My house would not be immaculate even if I lived alone. Clean I can do, but prefectly picked up and organized, not so much.
Anyway the kids had so much fun with everyone, especially their cousin Courtney who they rarely get to see. And the most exciting news I heard was that Sean's sister is ENGAGED! Congratulations guys. I probably wasn't supposed to post that on here for all the world to see, but too bad, I'm excited. Now I just have to convince them to get married on the beach somewhere so we have an excuse to go. LOL! I actually have no idea what their plans are because I wasn't there and we all know how great guys are about getting all the info.
So now we have 5 days to get the rest of the shopping and packing done for the lake trip. I'm so excited even though I know the lake is going to be up and have a lot of junk in it. It is always so clear and beautiful, but when the water gets really high, as it is now, it's a lot more murky and full of leaves and other crud. The good news is that even on it's worst day it is still a million times cleaner than the Lake of the Ozarks. So in 5 days we'll be here soaking up the sun and... well that's all we do really.


PS. Kelly I'm so glad you figured out how to leave a comment! :)

2 comments:

  1. What Lake do you guys go to? We always go to Bull Shoals and it is normally crystal clear too, not now with all the flooding though.

    I am glad everyone had fun and are at home. And AMEN about the cleaning. Dave still isn't use to the "lived in look" compared to his mom's museum clean house..lol. He just doesn't understand that 1 kid makes a huge mess (can't imagine following your 3 around..lol). No, I am not saying they are messing kids, but kids in general are messy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad they made it back safe and sound!!! Have fun at the lake!

    ReplyDelete