Saturday, May 17, 2008

my birthday

With my birthday quickly approaching Sean has been asking me what I want. Well, the conversation actually goes more like this:
Me: "so, what are you getting me for my birthday?"
Sean: "I don't know what do you want?"
Me: "I don't really need anything, so I don't know"
Sean: "Birthdays aren't about what you need they are about what you want"
Then I usually say I don't know, or I don't really need anything, so don't buy me anything. The truth is I really wouldn't care if Sean didn't get me anything for my birthday. I really just don't care about getting presents anymore, and as long as he aknowledges the special day and tells me Happy Birthday, or Happy Mother's Day, or whatever it is, I'm happy.
Tonight I actually thought of something I want, so I half-jokingly said I wanted to take a trip with no kids for my birthday. Sean said, "Me too, but why don't you give me an idea that is actually a real option?" But really I don't want anything else, so who wants to babysit the beasts, all 3 of them, for a WHOLE WEEKEND for us? You know you are all dying to volunteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment