Saturday, January 6, 2007

minimal progress

so this is not a pleasant topic, but I wanted to update everyone on the progress here. I lost my mucous plug yesterday. For those of you that don't know exactly what that means, consider yourself lucky! This doesn't mean I'm any closer to labor, or any further, but it is a good sign that my body is getting ready for labor. It also gives me more hope that this time I may actually go into labor on my own, and hopefully sometime before or close to my due date. I am also hoping this will mean that at my dr. appointment on Tuesday he will say I'm making some progress and am starting to dilate.

I pretty much have everything ready for the baby at home. All the clothes are washed, and the sheets are on the bassinet. Now I'm having a freak out that we will end up with a baby of the opposite sex than we originally had planned for. Tonight we bought a baby book so we can get the footprints in it when the baby arrives, but I wouldn't buy anything gender specific just in case. We installed the car seat base last weekend, so all we need now is a baby!

Emma is really getting excited, and Nathan.... Well I'm still not sure he knows what he's in for, but he's been more whiney and clingy lately. I don't know if he is aware that things are about to change drastically, or if we'd be going through this anyway. I'm getting pretty excited too. I can't wait to meet our new family member and see how the kids react to having a new baby in our house all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment