Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas party

Last night was the kids Christmas party at school. Being the horrible parent I am, I had no idea how big of a deal this was going to be. So we showed up with the kids in nice clothes, but not super dressy Christmas outfits, and without grandma! Emma could have cared less about her clothes, but the fact that Grandma wasn't there, and wasn't coming..., well, let's just say I might as well have ran over her favorite toy, repeatedly. I explained that I didn't know I was supposed to invite Grandma, and plus she'd worked that day, so it would have been hard for her to get there anyway. It stopped the comnplaining, but not the unhappy face. Anyway, once we got over that, the kids did have a good time. They did some Christmas crafts and we wrapped presents I had bought for their donations for the nursing home. That was this months special project for the kids. Every month the preschool picks a local charity/organization to donate things too. One month it was the animal shelter, another it was stuffed animals for the ambulance district, you get the idea. I think it's great that they have this program so the kids can learn about sharing things with other people who aren't as lucky as they are. That is definitely a lesson every needs at some point in their life. Anyway, after their crafts and wrapping the present, and then having a snack, The teachers rounded up all the kids to sing the Christmas songs they'd been working on in class. God Bless those teachers because I don't know how they managed to coordinate all of those 3 & 4 year olds, but they did a great job. Unfortunately they put Nathan in the middle of the fron row and he did this almost the entire time:

Based on the way his teacher talks about him, I'm guessing Nathan did really good at the singing and hand movements in class, but for whatever reason he totally froze up in front of everyone and covered his face the whole time. OOPS! All well, those will be great pictures to tease him about one day. Here are some other pictures from last night. And since I'm always puting pictures of Sean on here, I guess it's only fair to finally include one of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment