Thursday, November 1, 2007

9 months old

I know I'm late on this, yet again, but at least I'm remembering to do them! :) Anyway Megan is 9 months old now. I took her in for her check up and she is 15 pounds 12 ounces and 27 1/2 inches long. The doctor mad me feel like we are starving her because she is in the 50th percentile for height, but only the 10th for weight. I'm really not worried since she is gaining weight, and I know how incredibly active she is. It makes me mad that he acted like there was something terrible about her being a skinny baby. Anyway, she also had an ear infection that I didn't even know about, but she wasn't overly fussy, and didni't have a really high fever, so how was I to know. The overall report is that she is healthy, but not fat enough!
I am so sad that she is so close to 1 year old already, but she is so cute and her personality is so funny, that spending time with her is something I try to enjoy as much as possible. I'm trying to get her to walk on her own soon, and she is close, but she still seems to prefer crawling. She is starting to talk a lot and more of it is sounding like real words. Mama and Dada are very clear now, but she no longer will say them if you ask her to. She is doing everything in her own time. There really isn't a lot of new things she is doing, I think she's just perfecting all the skills she already has. She still doesn't sleep through the night. I wish I knew why so I could fix it, but getting up with her every 3 hours or so is just routine now. I'm not saying I wouldn't love a good nights sleep, but since I don't have a choice, this is fine too now that I'm used to it. Maybe she's holding out until christmas so it will be her present to us! She also still has no interest in a cup or bottle, so Sean and I have not had any time away from all 3 of the kids since Megan was born. My mom babysits the older two when we ask, but since we still have Megan with us, there aren't many adult things we can do. It's not a big deal to me though. In the grand scheme of things one year with no kid free time really isn't that long, and they are only little once.

No comments:

Post a Comment