Tuesday, September 4, 2007

broken computer, new email and more...

Holy cow, where do I start. I'm still sick. I took all my antibiotics and I'm still sick. I'm going back to the doctor today, only this time my regular doctor, to see if they can do anything for me. My head feels better and my fever is gone, but I'm still coughing like crazy, and everyone tells me I sound horrible. I think they are trying to be n ice when they say that, but it just comes off bad. I have now gotten Megan sick too. She has started coughing. I feel terrible that I got her sick, but there isn't much I could do since breastfeeding her requires us to be in close contact. So far she doesn't have a fever and is fussy, but not inconsolable, so her doctor's office said to give her some medicine and if she gets worse to call back and bring her in.
Our computer was broken all week last week. We had a storm her back on Friday the 24th and our power went out, and after that our computer wouldn't turn back on. So after some investigating Sean decided our power supply was broken. It was either that, or our motherboard was fried, and we both prayed it would just be the power supply which is a much easier and cheaper fix. Lucky for us, Sean's best friend had an extra power supply that he gave us and now our home computer is back up and running.
After fixing the computer last night we installed our new dsl service on our computer. It only took 3 months of hounding att, but we finally got it working. A big thanks to our neighbor who works for att and is the real reason our DSL order was pushed through. This means we finally have new email addresses and if you haven't gotten our new address please let me know asap because I plan to disconnect our old service as soon as I can.
The really big news in our house is today Nathat started preschool. He wanted to go so bad when Emma started and Sean and I agreed he is socially ready and now that he is potty trained he can go, so his first day was today. He was so excited that it was finally his turn to go to school. He looked a little nervous when I left him, but I'm sure he is having a great time. I just hope he behaves himself since he can be quite the brute when he wants to.
Megan has started on solids officially now. I'm such a bad parent because up until now Megan has had a wafer cookie, a pita chip with cinnamon and sugar on it, some Coldstone Creamery ice cream, and mashed potatoes, and I'm finally getting around to getting her real baby food. She started out with the squash last night and really seemed to like it. She was very fascinated by the spoon and kept trying to just chew on it, but I managed to actually get some food in her mouth too.
Hopefully as I recover and we get into a good routine here I'll be better about posting regularly again.
This is what our living room looks like after Megan has been playing. She really did make this mess all by herself.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear your still sick! YUCK! Isn't it amazing how much of a mess one little child can make? Everyday I think we have had a tornado hit our living room! What's it going to be like with 2???