Friday, August 24, 2007

sick leave

Those of you that are stay at home moms know that we don't get sick days. There have been days when I literally couldn't get out of bed that Sean has stayed home to help, but of course this week that just wasn't possible. He just started his new position and is really busy with meetings and helping to entertain an international guy, so him staying home to help me just wasn't an option. He did come home early a couple of days so I could go to bed, and then yesterday I went to the doctor. I haven't been to the doctor for being sick since I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with Nathan, so it's not like I go for every little thing. I ended up going to the urgent care center near us because getting in to our doctor for a same day appointment is difficult, and if you do get an "appointment" you still end up waiting 2 hours to be seen, so it's pretty much useless to even try. The doctor there said I have a sinus infection and bronchitis, which explains why I've had a fever all week and I feel like I'm going to cough up a lung. He gave me some antibiotics and today I feel marginally better. I'm hoping by Monday I'll be as good as new and not feel the need to stay in bed all day. When we had kids I never thought about the fact that even if I was sick I didn't get to take the day off and rest up. It's times like this that make me realize how much work 3 kids really are. Even doing the bar minimum this week still felt like way too much work. I'm definitely going to have to do a better job of avoiding germs so I don't have to go through this again for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment