Tuesday, August 7, 2007

there's no place like home

After being in and out of town for almost the entire month of July I'm exhausted and glad to be home. The kids have had a great time being at the lake, I'm just wiped out from the stress of 3 kids and Megan's fussiness from teething. This past weekend we hit the lake and then headed to Cloud 9 Ranch with Sean's dad for a day. The kids were so excited to see their papa again and had a great time riding the 4-wheelers and playing in the creek.
Now that we are back home, there are only two weeks until Emma starts preschool. She could not be more excited if she tried, and I'm excited for her, but a little sad since this is a major step in her growing up. We have an open house at her school the sunday before classes start and the teacher sent a letter to Emma to invite her to it. Emma was so happy she got mail from school. I'm hoping all this excitement won't blow-up in my face and lead to a major meltdown on her first day of school. The good news is she only goes half days and she is in the afternoon session, so I'm hoping that since she doesn't have to go first thing in the morning she'll be in a good mood.
Nathan has been doing excellent with the potty training. We have still had a couple of accidents, but for the most part he is doing great. He is even dry at night, which amazes me since it took Emma a little while for that even after she was accident free during the day.
Megan, as I said is a teething machine. She is really fussy, but who can blame her when she's popping out a new tooth every 4-5 days! She is crawling like crazy which means she is getting into everything and almost never sits still. She is really good at sitting up now, and can easily get herself into the sitting position on her own.
Sean is doing great with the weight loss. He's lost 26 pounds and has about 5 more to go to reach his goal weight. Everyone who sees him says that he look great and doesn't need to lose anymore, but he's very concerned about his BMI number so he insists on losing at least 5 more. Personally I think, and we've also been told by our trainer at the gym, that the BMI scale isn't a great measure of how healthy you are because it doesn't take into account how much muscle you have. Sean also has some exciting news; he got a new job. He is still with the same company, but in a new position with more pay and more perks. I'm so excited for him and very proud of him. I think he is really excited too.
I'm still working at my weight loss. I've lost 24 pounds and it's coming off slowly now. I think mostly because I was gone so much in July I didn't get to the gym as much as I should have, but at least the numbers are still going down, even if it's slow. I doubt I'll be at my goal weight by the end of September like I wanted, but as long as I make it before I have to order my bridesmaid dress for Laura's wedding next year I'll be happy. Right now she says she wants that done in November, so I think I have plenty of time as long as I get my lazy butt back to the gym.
Now that you are all up to date on us, here are the pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment