Thursday, August 14, 2008

hodge-podge

There are a bunch of things going on around here, and rather than making several super tiny posts, you get one big hodge-podge post instead.
( I wish I knew how to make bullets on blogger)

-I think nesting has hit me ridiculously early. Either that or I've completely lost my mind. There truly is no logical explanation why at 22 weeks pregnant I decided to steam clean the carpets myself (with Sean moving furniture of course), reorganize Emma's and Megan's closet (Nathan's is next), and start cleaning out our storage area in the basement.

- Because of said cleaning projects my office is now full of stuff I want to get rid of. Some of it I have listed on craigslist and some things we have just donated to goodwill. 3 trash bags full of clothes actually! So if you come buy anytime soon and see something laying around you might want, make me an offer I'm in a selling mood!

- I have also decided that I need to start sewing things for our family instead of buying them. Don't worry I haven't gone all Laura Ingall's on you and started making our own clothes. Right now I'm making baby wipes and nursing pads, both items are pretty expensive when buying disposable one's from the store. The ones I've made are not gorgeous, but they are functional, which is what really matters.

- This new found love(lol!) of sewing has mad me decide I really want a serger. Of course in keeping with the theme of saving money this is not going to happen anytime soon.

-I finally drug the hideous pink chair out of the basement and steam cleaned it while I had the machine for the carpets. Unfortunately it is still hideous and in need of some serious help. Because of trying to save money now, re-upholstery is just not an option. Instead I found a fairly cheap, but decent looking slipcover on overstock.com. The one thing I didn't think about is that my chair has no seams between the arms/sides and the back, so there is a lot of material kind of just bunched up in those areas right now, hence the afghan in the "after" picture.
Keep in mind when you look at these pictures that I was lazy and opened the package the cover came in and put it right on the chair. There was no ironing involved at all, and there probably won't be any for a while since I hate ironing.
Photobucket
Photobucket


- On top of the insomnia, the Olympic coverage is killing my sleeping time. I am an Olympic junkie! I can't get enough. I wish they had an all Olympics, all the time channel right now. I will watch pretty much any sport. The only sport I don't enjoy watching is water polo. I think it's really because I have no clue what is going on. It's probably pretty simple; they swim around and try to throw the ball into the other teams net, but I just have no desire to sit and watch it long enough to figure it out. Watching Michael Phelps has been amazing, but my favorite moment has to be when Jason Lezak beat that french guy to win the mens 4x100 relay. AMAZING!

- Emma starts school tomorrow, and I'm in shock. I knew it was coming, but this really means my baby is growing up, and fast. It is going to be so weird to be home without her all day long. I'm going to miss her because she is so helpful, and she likes to help. She has already informed me that she is going to be really good while she's at school, and then she'll be bad at home. At least she warned us, right?

- As if cleaning and organizing the house, and working on sewing projects weren't enough to keep me incredibly busy, I've also been working really hard on the partylite thing. It is difficult trying to get things going and getting people to have shows for me. I swear I'm not trying to guilt anyone reading this. I'm just talking about what's going on here lately. I'm hoping all my hard work is going to pay off, but I'm definitely afraid of failing.

- Sean and I still have not discussed any names for this baby. Well ok, that's not entirely true. We have talked a lot about names we don't like, but have not come up with a list at all of names in the running. This is the only time I think it would be nice to know the gender. Then we would only need one first and middle name instead of a girl name and a boy name. Any suggestions for names that fit with our other kids' names and aren't super popular right now?

Check back tomorrow for pictures of Emma on her first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment