Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

So do I win for the latest Happy New Year blog post?  lol!  I kept meaning to post about new years, and then the kids went back to school and their activities started, and time just got away from me again.
A few tidbits for now:
  • Mom's bathroom is finally done.  I haven't been over there since my brother finished installing the mirror and stuff like that, so I still don't have an after picture.  I want to go do that this weekend.
  • Emma is going on her first girl scout camping trip this weekend.  She is so excited; I'm very nervous.  I'm sure she'll be fine since she spent the night at one of the leaders' house during winter break.  I can't believe my baby is big enough for stuff like sleepovers and overnight trips without me.  I of course was welcome to go along, but since I can't take Brooklyn, I don't get to go.  Darn those nursing babies!  (just kidding of course)
  • I started dancing again.  It's just a tap class, but it's for adults, and it's something I'm doing that is just for me.  It was very hard for me to commit to doing this.  I know it's important for moms to make time for themselves, but knowing it and doing it are two different things.  I have a hard time shutting off the guilt for taking time for myself.  I know at the end of the day Sean is tired, so I feel bad leaving him with all the kids, plus the class is on Emma's girl scout meeting night, so Sean has to take care of that.  Also we are already so busy I hated to add one more thing to our schedule.  But, when I mentioned it to Sean, he really encouraged me to just go for it, and we'd figure out the rest.  I've only been to one class, but it felt so good to put those shoes back on.  :)
  • I am taking Emma and Nathan for their first orthodontist visit next week.  I know they'll both need braces, so if anyone wants to contribute for that, let me know.  lol!  Seriously, I bet all of our kids will need braces since Sean and I both needed them, but maybe we'll get lucky and the orthodontist will give us the 5th one free or something. 
  • Lastly, I have something big going on this weekend that I can't talk much about, but I'm super excited, and will have pictures to share next week.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're taking tap again!!! That has to feel good :-) Good for you - you deserve that small amount of time to yourself each week! And tell Emma that Auntie Laura said there's no way she's old enough to be going on a camping trip yet :-( Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete