Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Princess turns 4!

My little Princess Megan is 4 today!  Where does the time go?  I still remember vividly my water breaking at 3:45am and driving to the hospital in the snow on un-plowed roads.  When my water broke, I woke Sean and told him and he asked, "what do we need to do?"  I told him first I needed a towel, and then we needed to head to the hospital. You'd think by the third kid he'd know how it all worked, but I guess since I had to wake him up in the middle of the night, I have to give him a break.
Anyway, Megan is the funniest, most loving, neediest little girl. I love her to death, but she wears me down faster than any of the other kids.  This doesn't really surprise me, though; she was born needy.  In keeping with her beginnings, she still the crappiest sleeper.  Thankfully once she's asleep she's fine, but getting her to sleep is a battle every night.  But, I can't say I don't enjoy it when she comes into my bed for a 10 minute snuggle some nights.  She's a great snuggler.  :)
  Megan is too smart for her own good.  I have a feeling school will probably come easy for her, if she can just find the motivation.  If she wants to do something, it's so easy for her, but if she doesn't want to, you can forget it.  You cannot bribe this child.  Until her, I'd never met a kid that couldn't be bribed with something; either a special treat or special activity just for them, but none of that works with Megan.  I'm sure her stubborness will serve her well later in life, but for now it just frustates me most days.
She is loving her dance class with Miss Ann, and cannot wait to starts school like Emma and Nathan.  We will probably put her into preschool in the fall, but I worry she'll be disappointed she can't go to school on the bus with Emma and Nathan just yet.
Megan is such an amazing little girl. She can test your patience like no other, but loves so whole-heartedly, you can't stay angry for long.  She makes each day such an adventure, and even though she makes me crazy some days, I wouldn't change a thing about her.  Happy birthday to my Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment