Monday, August 3, 2009

Sad Sad Sad

We are all so sad. Vacation is officially over. Emma and Nathan go back to school on the 19th and so we came home from cloud 9 yesterday. :( We all had such a great summer and none of us wanted it to end. Last night at dinner Sean was asking the kids if they had a god time and if they liked our camper and Megan yelles, "I WANT MY CAMPER!!" Obviously she did not want to be home either. Today I'm trying to catch up on laundry and a few other chores around the house since Sean's mom is coming to visit this weekend.
A couple exciting things happened while we were gone. Jackson has learned to sit, crawl and has his two bottom teeth now. He's incredibly tiny still, but he eats and sleeps well, and is clearly meeting all his milestones, so I'm trying not to worry. The pediatrician mentioned at his 6 month checkup that starting solids would maybe help him gain weight, but I think the best thing is to just continue nursing him right now. I may start him on some things soon, but I'm in no hurry, so I'm preparing myself for the doctor not being happy with me.
Megan still won't use the potty, at all, but I'm hoping to work on that once the older two are in school and we have a better routine again.
Nathan is so freaking excited about starting kindergarten. He can't wait. Emma on the other hand is very nervous and we are trying to talk with her about her fears so that hopefully this year won't be as hard as last year.
I have to be honest and tell you I didn't take very many pictures this trip, but I will find some of my favorites from the summer to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment