Wednesday, August 19, 2009

finally!

After living in our house for 4 years I finally bought curtains for the living room. It's ridiculous that I waited so long, but the windows in there are so weird it was/is hard for me to decide what exactly to do with them. We put up blinds when we moved in because it is sunny in there all day long, and that is how it has stayed for 4 years. I finally got tired of looking at it like that and went to work shopping for curtains. I bought online and hated them, then tried the curtains I had bought for my bedroom that I hated in the bedroom, and hated those in the living room as well. So I returned all those (14 panels if you want to know), and tried to shop again today, but Megan decided she wanted to be a pain in the arse, so I ended up being the mom leaving the store empty handed, well in one hand was my screaming toddlers arm, but you get the idea. Tonight after I put Jackson to bed I went back to the store determined to find something I liked that would work on the rod we have up already since I made Sean change that once already. I walked around the drapery department looking pretty lost for a good 20 minutes at least. The sales lady came and asked if she could help. I told her all my thoughts, concerns, and ideas and wouldn't you know it she led me over to some panels I really liked. Of course they were the most expensive ones I considered buying, but they also seemed to be just what I was looking for. So I bit the bullet and bought them anyway. I came home and put them up right away. So far I like them, I'm just hoping I'll still like them tomorrow. I really don't want to have to return any more curtains for a long time.
Before:

After: (Sorry the pictures aren't so great. The morning sun is so bright in there)

curtains closed

close up of curtains

2 comments:

  1. That looks great and I love your couches! How on earth do you keep them clean?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kids don't hang out in there, but they are microsuede, so almost everything comes off with water or some mild soap and water and a cloth. It's really a great material for people with kids.

    ReplyDelete