Sunday, May 9, 2010

really Nathan? REALLY?

Poor Nathan! That poor kid has so many more issues than anyone else is our house. I am seriously incredibly thankful that all of his health "problems" are minor things and nothing that seriously affects him, but I swear, it is just always something with that kid. In addition to having hand, foot, and mouth disease right now (which by the way, is not causing him any pain or symptoms aside from a few blisters on his hands and bottoms of his feet), yesterday evening I noticed he was scratching his stomach and side a lot. So I pulled up his shirt, and he was broken in a different rash/hives on his lower abdomen, around his sides onto his lower back, and behind his knees on his legs. At first I freaked out thinking, "oh my god! What is wrong with him? EEK, what are we all going to catch now?!" But then I thought about it and decided it was probably hives from an allergic reaction to something. Well, the only new thing in the past few days was the inhaler the doctor gave him to help with his constant cough. He had a dose on Friday night and Saturday morning, and the hives appeared Saturday afternoon/evening. So we stopped the inhaler and gave Nathan some benadryl and everything looked much better today. Tonight he started itching on the back of his legs again, so I gave him another dose of benadryl and put him to bed. I haven't heard from him since, so I'm guessing he's ok. I will be calling the pediatrician again in the morning to try to figure out if a) it's likely he has an allergy to the med and b) what else we can give him for the coughing. I think our family alone keeps the pediatrician in business.
I talked to my mom last night, and told her not to be surprised if I go into labor soon since Nathan is always sick with something when we have a baby. I kept hoping this time no one would be sick when we had the baby, but this weekend is not giving me much hope.

PS. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I hope it was a great day for everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment