Friday, May 21, 2010

38 weeks

I'm 38 weeks pregnant now, still no baby, and that's pretty much it. I had an ob appointment this morning, and both baby and I are doing well. My blood pressure is still great, baby has a good heart rate, and I actually lost half a pound. I'm dilated to 3cm now (cause I know you all wanted to know how my cervix is doing), but really that doesn't mean much since I was 3cm for a week+ before my water broke with Megan, and I was 4cm for a week or more and was induced with Jackson. So really, being dilated means nothing for me, other than all the contractions I've been having are actually doing something other than annoy me. Of course my doc said I could go into labor any day now, but we both know and joked about the fact that we just get to wait until this baby and my body decide it's time. Neither of us gets a say in the matter. I asked him if I was still measuring big, and he said no, I was pretty much average now. I told him I just wanted to be prepared for another Nathan if that was going to be the case, but he said he really doubted this baby would be that big.
I am not looking forward to this weekend since it's supposed to be 90 degrees. I've been so hot all the time with weather in the 70's, that I can't imagine how awful I'm going to feel when it hits 90! Times like this I wish we had a pool.
Emma's recital was this past Saturday, and she did pretty good for being her first recital. Her whole class had problems with forgetting everything they know really well, so it's not like she was alone in her mess-ups. It was fun being backstage and helping out again, but very odd to not be dancing, or able to help do a lot of stuff. I promised Emma's teacher I will not be so useless next year, and hopefully I can dance at least a little.
Don't forget to check out my previous post with pictures from my maternity/family photo shoot. We had this session with our photographer from Bellies & Babies back in April. Thanks to my friend Cassie and her husband who met us and watched the kids so we could have pictures of just Sean and I as well as ones that included the kiddos. I think the pictures turned out great, and the only thing I'm unhappy with is how I look in some of them, but that's because of me, and not a problem with the photographer. Enjoy!
Hopefully my next post will be an announcement of our newest arrival (but don't hold your breath on that). Oh, and don't forget to vote boy or girl on the side of the blog. Only a few days left in the poll. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment