Friday, May 7, 2010

I continue to be perplexed by how busy we can be, and yet how boring our life seems to be since I have nothing new to say. Mama Sue (she's like a mom to me) pointed out tonight that it has been forever since I posted a blog entry, but as I told her, I feel like I have nothing new to say.
I really am just in survival mode lately. I'm just trying to get through this pregnancy sane, and to be honest, I've been a major crab for the last 3 weeks. I'm also just trying to get Emma and Nathan through the end of the school year, and survive Emma's first dance recital. I have to say, it's quite the experience being on the mom end of things instead of on the performer side of things. Hopefully though, next year I can do both. :) I know my teacher is dying to have me back in class (lol!) and I really am ready to find something to do that's just for me that I truly love. I will readily admit I'm a little sad dance isn't a major part of my life anymore, and even though I know when I do go back it won't be the same (boy will I miss my girls I danced with for years), I think I will still enjoy being there. And I know my body will definitely thank me for it. :)
In other news over the course of the last 3 weeks, here's what you missed; Nathan caught a cold, gave it to Emma, who gave it to me. Then Jackson got it, then Megan. Somehow Sean escaped. Now that we are all on the mend from that, Nathan was diagnosed with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Now I feel like I'm just waiting for everyone else to get it. I swear Nathan brings almost every illness into this house. I'm not sure if he just has bad luck or a crappy immune system, but I'm about to put him under house arrest and see if we all get sick less often.
In the midst of his cold, Jackson has cut about 8 new teeth. 4 of them are molars, and I am shocked he cut all 8 of those teeth while having a cold, and was not hardly crabby at all, and his sleeping was not disturbed. What an awesome kid we have. :)
I'm still plugging along getting bigger and fatter by the day. The great news is I'm medically doing great with the pregnancy, and the baby is doing just fine. The bad news is I'm uncomfortable, and unhappy, and quite crabby. My doctor mentioned today how I never complain, and I had to laugh and tell him I just do all my complaining to my husband. Poor Sean has to put up with a lot. I am 36 weeks, and will be 37 next Wednesday, and I'm ready and willing to do almost anything I can to get this baby out of me after Wednesday.
I will try to keep up with posting more frequently, and put up some pictures of my giant belly, and of Emma's dance recital once it's over. Hang in there with me since I'm sure things will get more interesting in the next month as this baby arrives and our family grows again.

1 comment:

  1. You are almost there! Just a few more weeks :)

    To our supermom...happy mothers day! I hope that at least for one day, your kiddos can be healthy, and you get a chance to put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete