Monday, February 11, 2008

hmmm

I'm never good at thinking up cute title's for my posts. Sorry...
Since Magan's birthday we've just kind of been in a boring routine with nothing new going on. Life is definitely never boring here, but there never seems to be anything exciting enough to blog about.

-We are only 22 days away from our trip. I'm getting really excited, as are the kids. I have started packing already. I know you think I'm crazy but the clothes we are taking are all summer clothes since the average high in florida in March is 80 degrees, so it's not like we need to wear things I am packing. Plus, with 5 people to pack it takes a lot of planning and forethought as to how I'll get everything we need into as few suitcases as possible. Everytime I think I've decided on a plan of attack I rethink it and decide maybe that's not the best plan and start over.

-Emma and Nathan are both doing well in swimming lessons. Nathan gets to advance to the class that Emma is in, which she'll be repeating this next session, so they will be together. The sessions are only 6 weeks long, and so they don't progress as quickly as I'd like, but I think the teachers at the Y are doing a good job.

-Poor Emma got a UTI last week and I think she is finally feeling better. She never really seemed sick, but she couldn't go to the bathroom without crying because it hurt so bad. I can't remember ever having one, but I've heard that they are incredibly painful. I felt so bad I couldn't give her any medicine to make it at least a little better. Now that she's been on an antibiotic for 4 days she's much better.

-Emma's 5th birthday is quickly approaching. I can't believe my baby is going to be 5. YIKES! I can remember being pregnant with her and having her so clearly that it seems almost impossible that was 5 years ago. She is so excited that once she is 5 she'll go to kindergarten and get to ride a bus. We are still unsure if Emma will be attending catholic school or public school. Ideally I'd love for her to go to catholic school, but I'm pretty sure that just isn't in the financial cards right now.

-Sean's company is going through some major changes right now. They are re-organizing and several people are being let go in an effort to save the company money. Luckily it seems like Sean's job will be spared, but please pray that he makes it through all the lay-offs with a job and not too big of a loss in salary. If he loses his job, I don't know what we'll do.

So that pretty much sums up what's been going on here. Just getting through the days as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment