Friday, August 6, 2010

2 new recipes

In our house, it is a never ending quest to find foods I can cook easily that everyone will actually eat.  There is always at least one complainer in the bunch that doesn't like whatever we're having, unless it's spaghetti or pizza.  I am always on the hunt for new things to try hoping one day I'll find something else we all like.  The last two nights I tried two new recipes, and everyone seemed to like both of them.  Well, everyone but Megan, but she's currently on a "there is nothing I will eat willingly" kick, so she doesn't count.  Seriously, she won't even eat ice cream or cake.  Every once in a while, she'll have a day that she eats anything and everything I put in front of her, but for the most part, she eats a couple bites per meal at best.  I can't wait for this phase to be over.
Anyway, the two new recipes.  Both are on the spicy end, but I'm discovering the kids tend to eat spicy things better than bland things, which is odd because I've frequently read most kids are the opposite and only want bland items.
Last night we tried a Mexican Lasagna from this blog:  http://seelynnblog.com/2010/07/20/mexican-style-lasagne/.  I really liked it, and even though with the first few bites I thought it was lacking in the heat department, the more I ate, the hotter my mouth got.  Sean didn't seem to like it as much (though he didn't hate it), but also said he had a late lunch and wasn't super hungry, so maybe I'll try him on it again another day.
Tonight I made Salsa Chicken Rice casserole:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Salsa-Chicken-Rice-Casserole/Detail.aspx  and everyone ate a ton of it, so it must have been good.  It definitely didn't have a lot of heat to it, but was still really tasty. 
Both were pretty easy to make, and if I think it was easy, it is probably ridiculously easy for your average person since I'm no Betty Crocker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment