Wednesday, September 23, 2009

big news

Megan is using the pottty, and I don't just mean every once in a while, I mean all the time. Like she's wearing underwear like a real person and doesn't pee in them!!! YAHOOO!!! YIPPEEEEE!!! We all know my track record with posting stuff like this and then the kids having a relapse just to prove me wrong, which is why this time I waited until we'd be doing good for about 2 weeks. It really was like she just woke up one day and decided to use the potty instead of a diaper. We started off just leaving her naked, because in the past if she had anything on her butt, she'd pee in it, and that went really well for several days. If we had to leave the house we did put a diaper on her, which I know seems crazy and like it would confuse her, but she would always be dry when we'd get home. I finally decided one day to put underwear on her since she hadn't had any accidents at all without them, and she has done so good. We also finally took her out in public in her underwear while running errands this weekend. We made a couple of stops at the bathroom, and she had no accidents. She has also been wearing underwear at night and wakes up dry, which is amazing to me. Some nights she'll wake up and go when we check on her when we go to bed, but most nights she doesn't and she'll stay dry for the whole 12 hours she's sleeping.
I am so glad she is finally using the potty and likes doing it. We needed this!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! So happy for you! I am so jealous that you only have to buy 1 box of diapers now! lol Someday it will be my turn too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kierstin you should come over to the dark side of cloth diapers. It's sooo much cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete