Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Megan is 2 today!

Today is Megan's second birthday, and I can't believe it. I almost don't know what to say about her. She is so darn cute it's ridiculous, and therefore often gets away with murder around here. She has zero interest in using the potty, and rather than make myself crazy trying to get her to use it, I'll just keep on changing diapers until she decides she is ready. I can already tell she's always going to do things on her terms and her timeline, so why bother banging my head against a wall trying to change her? She loves to talk, even though we aren't quite at complete sentences yet. Her talking often consists of her saying wahtever is in sight, which can get really annoying when trapped in the car with her for 6 hours and she just repeats the same 6 things over and over. She seemed so little until Jackson was born, and then we realized she really is growing up as much as we don't want to admit it. She is small for her age, but she is hitting all the developmental milestones and becoming insanely independent. I love watching her grow and discover new things daily. Being a parent is so amazing sometimes.
Because I'm a bad mommy there is no big birthday party planned. We will probably have my mom and possibly a few other close family member over for cake this weekend, but nothing major. Sean and I both agreed long ago that we were not going to have a huge party for our kids every year. It's a lot of work, and when they are little they don't get much out of it anyway, and then we end up with a ton of toys we don't need. We always do have cake and a small get together, and the cake is all the kids care about anyway.
And now for the pictures:


3 comments:

  1. She's just adorable! Happy Birthday Megan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I can't believe it!!! Happy 2nd Birthday Megan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe she is TWO already!!! I hope she had a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete